Sunday, May 18, 2008

After 17 Radiation Treatments

These pics were taken Saturday morning, 5.17.2008, after 17 radiation treatments. The first one is the regrowth of hair on my head. The next one, I was trying to capture how thin my eyebrows are, but the photo doesn't reflect it too well. I don't have too many of my original eyelashes left, either. They came out this past week. There do seem to be very short hairs growing in, though.






My left eyebrow is mostly gone, as are the eyelashes.



This is the cording that Ike/Eeka has been working on in Physical/Lymphedema Therapy. On the first picture you can see the cording in the armpit, and also the shadow about 3 fingerbreadths up from the elbow, like a dimpling. It's sore and tender, sometimes more than others. The next picture is another of the cording in the armpit. That feels like it is pulled really tight. It is better now, after 2 weeks of therapy. Ike says that will go away with treatment.



This first picture shows the pink skin below the breast. The nipple is prickly most of the time, and sometimes itchy, too. Ike has been working on the incisions, too. She says there are adhesions under the skin and has been trying to release them. I think the breast incision in the picture on the right looks much better than prior to therapy.



Comparison views, standing straight, and the one on the right, I'm leaning forward just a little. It's obvious that the left breast is smaller. And there's a shadow of pink under the left breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment