Friday, July 4, 2008

4 Weeks After Radiation

These pictures were taken 29 days after my last radiation treatment.


There is still discoloration under the breast, and the top of the breast, and around the axillary incision.


The skin is mostly healed, with some peeling still on the nipple, in the fold at the base. The incision on the breast looks really good, and the axillary incision is still red/brown. You can see the fullness, too, around the axillary incision. Ike can move that fluid from there, and when she's done, the skin is flat.



Straight on. As the breast is healing, it's drawing up. You can see the dimple of the incision on the breast.


Leaning forward, you can see the difference in the sizes. Surprising to me, there's not much difference in the fit of the bra cups at this time.

This will be the last of the breast pictues for a while. Now that it's healing and looking mostly "normal" (or, the new normal) I'm going to reclaim them.

I plan to do pictures at intervals--maybe 6 months and 1 year--to see just how it does.

Thank you for taking this journey with me. If these photos have helped you, please comment--I love feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment