Wednesday, June 25, 2008

06.10.2008 Areola Wipe-Off

After my shower Tuesday, I was toweling off, being ever-so-careful with that tender nipple and breast. I patted the water, and--OH MY GOSH!!!! WHAT"S THAT?!?!? It looked like eraser stuff on my skin. You know, the dark skinny rubbery stuff the eraser leaves behind? I looked again, and realized my skin is rubbing off!!!! whoa. Take a breath. My heart's beating pretty fast. I looked again. Oh my gosh. It looks like all of the colored skin is sloughing off. Just rolling up and coming off. Well, that ink stain rolled off, too. And it's pink underneath it. That's ok.

As I realized it didn't hurt to come off, and it was going to come off anyway, I debrided (removed dead tissue) what I could and cleaned it up. I then applied silvadene ointment and aquaphor to the pink, newly exposed skin, and aloe vera/elta cream mix to every place else.



These pictures are 5 days after completing radiation treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment