Monday, April 28, 2008

Radiation Field 4.28.2008

Today was Radiation Treatment #3, and I asked the technician Lynn if the axillary wound bed was included in the treatment field. She thought it was, and offered to mark it for me when they "set the lights up". (that means when they line up the laser lights with the tattoos) Ok, thanks!

So, this is what she did.



You can kind of see the purple dots that she put on. If you start mid-sternal, between the breasts, the middle one is the tat; then follow the dots down around and below the breast, the mark at the bottom of the rib is a tattoo. Then I don't think she put another mark until just above the incision under the armpit. The other marks on my side are more of the ones God put there, and there is the scar from the drain, too. Then go back across to the middle.

My concern is how the lymph bed will be affected by the radiation. Hopefully, not much, as it looks like there is just a corner of it caught in the field.

I am glad to have this photo documentation to be able to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment